The Ignite Ideas Fund supports Queensland based small to medium businesses that have high-growth potential to undertake commercialisation projects that will:
- strengthen key industries in Queensland
- diversify the Queensland economy
- compete in domestic and global markets
- engage and/or benefit regional Queensland
- create new jobs, now and into the future.
Two tiers of funding are available:
- Tier 1 – Up to $100,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 12 months duration.
- Tier 2 – Greater than $100,000 and up to $200,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 24 months duration.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must at the time of application:
- be a business headquartered in Queensland
- have no more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not have received funding for the proposed project activity from either the State, Federal or Local Government
- be registered for GST (at time of Full Application submission).
If applying for Tier 1, the applicant organisation and/or related parties must:
- not have received an Ignite Ideas Fund grant previously
- make a cash contribution to the project that is at least equal to 20% of the value of funding sought.
If applying for Tier 2, the applicant organisation and/or related parties must:
- not have received an Ignite Ideas Fund Tier 2 grant previously
- not be applying for a product or service that has previously received Ignite Ideas funding
- have successfully completed any project funded under Tier 1 of the Ignite Ideas Fund (if relevant)
- make a cash contribution to the project that is at least equal to the amount of funding sought
Organisations and their related parties are limited to one application per funding round.
For more information, head to the Advance Queensland website or contact us.