The Country Football and Netball Program provides funding to assist regional football and netball clubs, associations and umpiring organisations to upgrade and develop facilities in rural, regional and outer metropolitan locations.
Examples of projects eligible for funding include the following:
- development of new, or upgrade to existing change rooms and pavilions to increase capacity, inclusion and safety
- development of new, or upgrade to existing sports ovals and courts to increase capacity and safety
- sports lighting that improves facility capacity and participant safety
- projects that result in energy or water efficiency, with a direct impact on participation, such as warm season grass conversions.
- Only rural, regional and outer metropolitan local government authorities are eligible to apply directly to the Country Football and Netball Program.
- Applications must be submitted by an authorised representative of a local government authority.
- Applications received directly from clubs, associations, umpiring organisations, schools, community organisations and businesses will not be considered for funding.
This program is now open and closes on 22 June 2021.
2021-22 Country Football and Netball Program Round One
- Applications Open: 27 April 2021
- Applications Close: 22 June 2021
2021-22 Country Football and Netball Program Round Two
- Applications Open: Early September 2021
- Applications Close: 1 December 2021
For more information about this grant, please head to the Victoria State Government website.