The AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award is Australia’s leading award acknowledging and supporting the essential role women play in rural industries, businesses and communities. The Award provides a platform to inspire and support Australian women to use and develop their skills to benefit their industries and communities.
Over the past 21 years, the Award has gained a significant profile, and is recognised as a program of influence among parliamentarians, industry, media and Award alumni. Each state and territory winner receives a $10,000 bursary for innovative ideas and projects, access to professional development opportunities and alumni networks.
- Applicants must have an existing project, business or program which is live and up and running, or will be live within three months of the application being submitted.
- The existing project, business or program falls into one or more of these categories: Community, Collaboration, Commercial
- The existing project, business or program must align to the values of the Award
- Applicants need to be over 18 years old and identify as female
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Location is no barrier. If you want to create impact, innovate and make a difference and/or contribute to enhancing the prosperity of rural and regional Australia, then we want to hear from you
- No formal qualifications are required
You also have the opportunity to nominate someone who you feel would be suitable for this award. Please email their name, contact details, and project area to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 2020 – June 2021 2020 – AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award virtual program takes place
- Monday, 19 July – Thursday, 22 July 2021 2020 State/Territory Winners participate in a three-day workshop and National Selection Panel interviews
- Wednesday, 25 August 2021 2020 – AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award Gala Dinner and National Announcement
- Thursday, 26 August 2021 2022 – applications open
- Friday, 8 October 2021 2022 – applications close
- October 2021 to March 2022 2022 – phone, and face-to-face interviews take place with the state/territory Selection Panel. State/Territory Winners announced
- July 2022 – State/Territory Winners participate in a three-day workshop and National Selection Panel interviews
- September 2022 – AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award Gala Dinner and National Announcement
For more information, head to the AgriFutures website.